Wake Up And Look Beautiful Every Morning With Helen Taylor Skin Clinic, Rugby
How do you feel when you wake up in the morning?
Do you spring out of bed, and fall in love with what you see in the mirror? Or, like many of us, does your morning start off more like this…. You hit the snooze button (several times over!), you drag yourself out from under your duvet, only to arrive at the bathroom mirror, looking far from human, let alone anything close to fabulous.
The way that you FEEL, first thing in the morning is actually really important. You are setting yourself up for the day that is ahead of you. By making 3 simple changes to the way that you wake up daily, you can have a huge impact not only on your psychology, but also on the way that you live in general. Below, are my 3 ways to wake up looking (+ feeling) fabulous. We’ll be talking permanent makeup, facials, and mindset tips!
1. Wake up + take a ‘moment’.
Don’t worry, I am not going to tell you to spring out of bed in the morning and be thankful for the world around you. But, one great way to start the day, is to set your alarm just 5 minutes early, and take a moment to ‘CHOOSE your attitude’. How do you want to feel today? This tip is oh so simple but the effects really can be life changing.
Think about the mood that you want to be in. Visualise the day that you’d like to see happen unfolding. Know, that YOU get to choose your mindset. Just FEEL how you want to feel, and allow yourself to ‘take a moment’. Then, move onto the next step.
2. Prepare for the ‘you’ that you want to see in the mirror.
If you’ve followed the first step and are feeling fabulous, but then you head into the bathroom and take one look in the mirror, and are not happy with the face staring back at you- your whole mood changes. If you start your day feeling negative, then everything else is affected. So, make it your mission, to work on preparing your appearance so that you LOVE what you see staring back at you. Here are my top tips on how to achieve that:
- Treat yourself to a regular facial. I highly recommend the HydraFacial, which addresses just about any skin concern and gives you that Celebrity wow factor. From deep hydration, to plumping out fine lines + wrinkles, from treating acne and reducing Hyperpigmentation and pore size, this is a must for everyone.
- Wake up to Makeup – I don’t know about you, but I usually feel better, once I’ve put on my makeup. Permanent MakeUp means that you can wake up to makeup, (and wake up to feeling fabulous) every single morning.. Eyebrows, eyeliner, and even your lipliner, can now all be ‘done for you’. This not only means that you LOOK better, it also saves you a heap of time in the morning. Now who doesn’t want a piece of that? Permanent makeup really can (+ will) change your life for the better.
- Drink some lemon water. A great way to start the day is to drink some lemon water, ideally warm water (as it’s more gentle on the digestive system), with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Not only will it detox your entire system, it’s great for your complexion.
3. Create (+use) a ‘secret weapon’ daily ritual.
If you’ve adopted steps 1 + 2, you’re on your way to a whole new you when you start your morning rituals. One way that you can keep the momentum going, is to create (+use) a ‘secret weapon’ daily ritual, that will act as a ‘trigger’ to fire off a positive mindset.
One example, (and it’s best to keep this super simple), is to treat yourself to a luxurious body lotion and and as you go about your morning beauty rituals, massage it into your body and imagine that you are coating yourself in positivity.
Know, that every time you reapply this body lotion, (on your lunch break for example), you are triggering that positive mindset and are reminding yourself that you are CHOOSING fabulous.
So, there you have it. From choosing your morning mindset, to permanent makeup and secret weapon rituals – say hello to tomorrow morning, and wake up looking (+feeling!) FABULOUS.
Let me know over on our Facebook Page how you get on with this, and enjoy the rest of today,
Until the next time,